Cinco de Mayo, aka Cinco de Drinko, is always a night to remember (or should we say to not remember). With so many places to celebrate and tequilas to drink, we've compiled a list of our favorite places to drink margaritas at to help with your decision! We've also included any Cinco de Mayo celebrations to help you out.
1. Loco Taqueria (Southie): You already know our love for Southie spots, but no matter where Loco was located, I’d travel for their Coco Margarita. It goes down a little too easy because of the refreshing and creamy coconut masking the tequila taste, and the delicious coconut flake rim. We spent our Cinco de Mayo at Loco last year and left with Loco swag, a gift card, candy, and a couple of regrets the next morning.
Loco’s Cinco de Mayo Celebrations: Five Days of Cinco
Monday: Oyster Specials & music from DJ Johnny Dow. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door.
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday & Margarita Pitchers
Wednesday: “Cisco de Mayo” with Cisco Brewers
Thursday: Boozy Snow Cones
Friday: The Ultimate Cinco Celebration including contests, giveaways, pinatas, and more.
2. Fajita’s & ‘Rita’s (Boston Common): Normally, I’m an on-the-rocks ‘rita drinker, but Fajita’s & ‘Rita’s is my go-to spot for frozen margaritas. To make it even better, they serve Margaritas by the liter. We’ll give you an insider tip.. you can mix two flavors! My fav is a mix of the frozen strawberry + mango. Runner up for our favorite flavor -- guava! Be careful.. these bad boys will sneak up on you, especially when you’re drinking by the liter.
Fajita's & 'Rita's Cinco Specials:
4:00-5:30 pm - Dos Equis promotion
6:00-8:00 pm - Jose Cuervo Tequila promotion
8:00-10:00 pm - Lunazul Tequila promotion
3. Lolita Cocina (Back Bay): Lolita is Back Bay’s best known place to grab a margarita after work. It was closed for awhile this winter, but now it’s back in action and the tequila is flowing. Once in awhile, I like my margs extra spicy, and Lolita’s Diablo Margarita has a special kick from the serrano chili balanced by tangy fruit. The margaritas are amazing, but the overall experience here is even better. The meal starts with a palate cleanser and ends with a giant piece of cotton candy.. What more could you ask for? Lolita will be serving up margs and tacos all night starting at 4 pm on Friday!
4. Margarita’s (Medford): It’s in the name… so you know the drinks are gonna be good. Margarita’s is the king of Cinco de Mayo, they’re having their 33rd annual Cinco Countdown this year. The entire week is filled with food and drink specials, plus Cinco souvenir cups so you can keep the fiesta going all year long. They have multiple locations, but the closest for us Bostonians is in Medford. So all you Somerville/Medford residents… there’s your go to spot all week long.
Margarita’s Cinco Countdown:
All week long: $5 Regular House Margaritas.
Monday: $5 Burritos (all burritos)
Tuesday: $5 All You Can Eat Tacos (chicken or beef)
Wednesday: $5 Fajita (with purchase of any full-priced fajita, $5 fajita must be equal or lesser value)
Thursday: $5 Apps (all of them!)
Friday: CINCO DE MAYO! The biggest fiesta of the year! Featuring:
$5 All You Can Eat Nachos (all nacho varieties), before 4:00 PM
$5 Regular House Margaritas, before 4:00 PM
Cinco Scratch Cards with prizes
Select locations will host outdoor tent and patio parties with live bands, DJs, giveaways and more
5. Mija (Faneuil Hall): If you’re doing some shopping or work around the area, head to Mija this Cinco de Mayo! Mija serves their margaritas in my favorite glasses because they are super authentic looking. One of my favorites is the Fresa Verde which has strawberry and thyme in it. They also have plenty of happy hour food specials like $2 tacos and $5 quesadillas.. Yum!